A Kingphysio First Practice:new patient information
Lesley Jane King MSc MCSP Grad Dip Phys Chartered Physiotherapist
8 Duncannon Street
Mobile: 07711 419858
If you cross the road from Charing Cross station The Strand on one side of the building and DuncannonStreet on the other and faces St Martin’s Church .
151 - 153 Clapham High Street
SW4 7SS020 7627 8890
Welcome to the practice- HCPC registered which includes clinical governance; continuous professional development practice; evidence based practice and guidelines implemented by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists (CSP)
This may be the first time you have seen a physiotherapist and may not be too sure what to expect. You may wish to make yourself familiar with the Core and Service standards. www.csp.org.uk
The first appointment is 45 minutes which will mainly be consultation and examination in order to provide a diagnosis; suitability for treatment or further investigation; number of treatments required; any contraindications and type of treatment required. There is usually time for some treatment depending on how long the history is.
You are advised to bring suitable clothing as the physiotherapist needs to examine the injured part but also overview your condition. Shorts are suitable for lower back /knees and hip problems and a T shirt for neck and shoulder problems.
All attempts are made to ensure you do not have to wait more than 10 minutes for your appointment.
Accessibility for appointments- these are day and evening appointments and an appointment is normally available within 2-4 days Clapham tuesday afternoon/evening; thursday morning/lunchtime The Strand monday afternoon/evening; Thursday afternoon afternoon/evening and Friday mornings. - Holiday times please discuss if you wish to be seen by another physiotherapist during this time.
Transport Clapham - underground 2 minutes walk from Clapham Common Clinic.
Parking- meter on side roads and Sainsbury's No lift into Clapham Common Clinic - alternative arrangements discussed.
Transport The Strand - underground 5 minutes walk- to avoid the cobble stones you may wish to walk around the perimeter ( next to the London Transport Museum and above Jubilee market and small entrance).
There is a lift - if you need to use this please advise the physiotherapist or reception staff. Parking - meter or local car parks.
- You may be accompanied by a chaperone or an interpreter.
- Children to be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Comments and Testimonials on Patient Questionnaire.
- Payments by cheque or cash at The Strand and by card, cash or cheque at Clapham. Please see fees on home page.
- This may be made directly through your insurance company or agent. For insurance please bring your Dr's letter where appropriate; Membership number; Authorisation code.
- Please read your policy and excess charges so you are aware of any outstanding costs.
- Lesley Jane King is a Bupa and Simply Health Provider and you do not need a Dr's letter before treatment. Please quote Provider number 80012532 and A Kingphysio first practice.
For more information or to arrange an appointment, call now on 020 7627 8890 (Clapham)/07711 419858 (The Strand) or email: firstname.lastname@example.orgBack to top